- The maker of poems settles justice, reality, immortality,
- His insight and power encircle things and the human race,
- He is the glory and extract thus far of things and of the human race.
Give a man a few lines of verse and he thinks he's the Lord of all Creation.
Anyone may be an honorable man, and yet write verse badly.
- As imagination bodies forth
- The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
- Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
- A local habitation and a name.
Poetry is the one thing that isn't contaminated, the one thing that isn't part of the game.
In my experience poetry speaks to you either at first sight or not at all. A flash of revelation and a flash of response. Like lightning. Like falling in love.
More Poetry Quotes