Of course the music is a great difficulty. You see, if one plays good music, people don't listen, and if one plays bad music people don't talk.
There is something suspicious about music, gentlemen. I insist that she is, by her nature, equivocal. I shall not be going too far in saying at once that she is politically suspect.
- If music be the food of love, play on;
- Give me excess of it; that, surfeiting,
- The appetite may sicken, and so die.
- That strain again! It had a dying fall:
- O, it came oer my ear, like the sweet sound
- That breathes upon a bank of violets,
- Stealing and giving odour. Enough! No more.
- 'Tis not so sweet now as it was before.
- Music--moody food
- Of us that trade in love.
- Music oft hath such a charm
- To make bad good, and good provoke to harm.
More Music Quotes