- Do not, as some ungracious pastors do,
- Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,
- Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine,
- Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads.
- And recks not his own rede.
- Thinkest thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
- I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou,
- Or any man that breathes on earth.
In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW, Maxims for Revolutionists
Better to reign in hell, than serve in heav'n.
Men get tired of everything, of heaven no less than of hell; and all history is nothing but a record of the oscillations of the world between these two extremes ... there is nothing new under the sun. Vanitas vanitatum.
- Heaven, the seat of bliss,
- Brooks not the works of violence and war.
If perfection is stagnation, then heaven is a swamp.
Maybe heaven is whatever you want it to be.
More Heaven Quotes